Click for PDF:PRESS RELEASE TWELVE INCHES
Are your emotions keeping you from living a life of unshaken faith?
On August 18, Atlanta Journal Constitution Faith Columnist, iDisciple content contributor and blogger Patricia Holbrook will release her first book – Twelve Inches: Bridging the Gap Between What You Know about God and How You Feel.
Patricia Holbrook is the president of Soaring with Him Ministries and a national speaker. Soaring with Him is a non-profit Christian ministry based out of Atlanta, Georgia. Patricia’s thought-provoking devotionals and columns reach thousands of readers every week in over 20 countries and are translated into Spanish and Portuguese every week.
In the Summer of 2012, Patricia felt God’s nudging to start writing her first book. She had just gone through a surgery for cancer, when God put in her heart the desire to write a book to inspire people to keep unshaken faith, regardless of their circumstances. As she meditated upon the idea, the concept of Twelve Inches was impressed upon her heart. Twelve Inches is the anatomical distance between one’s brain and one’s heart. And it seems as if such short distance is often a long one to many Christians, who know the truth about God, but allow their feelings and circumstances to dictate their faith-walk. Patricia was one of them. She has gone through a nine-year journey of learning how to bridge the Twelve-Inch gap through great financial loss, the death of a loved one, cancer and other major health issues.
This book is a blueprint to the abundant life that Christ promised His followers when He said: “I came that you may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10) – written by someone who has gone through enough trials to validate her testimony.
In Twelve Inches, readers will learn how to:
- Identify the issues that prevent a strong brain-heart connection when trials occur.
- Take possession of the Word of God as a powerful tool to fight temptation and the enemy. The book is filled with Scriptures.
- Pray effectively.
- Receive practical guidance regarding steps anyone can take to keep the faith, regardless of what they are going through.
- Find their spiritual gifts and plug into service.
- Strengthen their faith by allowing their knowledge of God and His Word to dictate their response to life’s circumstances.
With complete transparency, humor and practicality, Holbrook seeks to give the readers powerful and practical tools that will empower them to move from a life of little consequence and defeat, to a faith that thrives through it all. Patricia has written an action plan that she offers to all readers who want to make this a practical guide for the abundant life in Christ.
You will want Twelve Inches…
- If you are tired of being led by your fleeting emotions instead of allowing God’s Word and His character to guide your life.
- If you seek a writer who is honest about her struggles, and yet challenges you to step out of your faith comfort zone and into a life of spiritual abundance and victory.
- If you need a practical guide for Christians who wrestle with insecurities, doubts, loneliness, emotional and physical pain.
- If you want a perfect gift for the people in your life who are struggling to keep their faith through hard trials.
Patricia Holbrook is a Faith Columnist, national speaker and the author of a series of thought-provoking and faith-challenging devotionals that she shares on her popular ministry’s blog (www.soaringwithHim.com). Patricia writes a weekend column for the Atlanta Journal Constitution and is a guest writer for Christian magazines and blogs. She is President of Soaring with Him Ministries and writes in between car lines, homeschool lessons, tears and laughter. She lives in Georgia with her husband Steve, their two daughters and their miniature Schnauzer Jingle Bells.