2015 has been a great year for Soaring with Him Ministries. Five years ago, when God put in my heart the desire to write about Him, sharing the wonderful journey that is life with Jesus, I never imagined that one simple act of obedience would propel such a miracle-filled journey.
Holding my first published book this past July was a particularly surreal moment for me. The publishing of Twelve Inches was a dream come true; however the journey was challenging, permeated with issues I didn’t expect and, quite frankly, was very frustrated with.
I would like to particularly take a moment to apologize to all of my readers who purchased my book in advance to help with the marketing, only to find out that the release date was postponed. I want to let you know that this was completely out of my control and I am really sorry it happened. I hope and pray that, as you read the book, you looked past the imperfections of men and into the Message that God wrote in my life. He is perfect and His work is perfect, and I have been constantly reminded this year of the following verses:
“We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NLT)
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” Isaiah 55:8 (NLT)
Truthfully, I have so much to be thankful for this year. I would like to share some of the things God has done:
- Twelve Inches was on the “Hot New Release List” of Amazon for 9 consecutive weeks!
- The book currently has two Study Groups going on, one in Houston, TX and one in Atlanta, GA. I am pleased to announce that the Twelve Inches Study Guide is now being uploaded for FREE DOWNLOAD on our blog. You can click HERE to download the first five lessons. More lessons will be uploaded every week, as I finish them. We are praying that we will soon have Study Groups all over the country!
- The readership on our blog has grown expediently this year, from all over the globe! Thank you all for sharing my messages and newspaper columns on your social media walls.
- I have made many new writer/blogger friends, and I have been able to link our blog to many other popular blogs, thus helping other writers spread their beautiful messages, all the while sharing my messages in other platforms.
- And my favorite news: God has given us the green light to put together the first Soaring with Him Women’s Conference. The name is SHE SOARS CONFERENCE. Kennesaw First Baptist church has generously agreed to partner with us on this conference that will take place on Saturday, April 29th. More information will be published on the blog really soon!
As we look into the New Year, I would like to share some of our ministry’s prayer and financial needs. We would love for you to pray for us as we follow God’s leading, by faith, into the projects He has put in our hearts for this coming year.
- Our ministry is done on a fully volunteer basis. None of us get paid to do what we do. As a matter of fact, I have donated all my speaking fees and book sales proceeds to the ministry this year, since we don’t have regular committed donors. We would ask you to pray about becoming our ministry partners for 2016, however God leads you. Any donation is very much appreciated as we have some projects that will cost us quite a bit of money. Remember that Soaring with Him, Inc. is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization and therefore all your donations are tax-deductible. Below I would like to list some of our upcoming financial needs:
- Due to the increase of traffic, as well as the growth of our ministry with the Spanish/Portuguese pages and the upcoming conference, the Board has agreed to invest to turning our blog into a full-version website. Our web designed is currently engaged in re-designing our ministry’s webpage and the new website will be up and running by mid-January. The cost of this redesigning is $650.
- We are planning the first SHE SOARS CONFERENCE and believe this is the first of many. Our vision is to make this an annual event. We have four speakers and one worship leader that have already committed to the conference for 2016. We certainly would appreciate donations towards the conference costs as well. We are completely walking by faith!
- You can donate by PAYPAL HERE, or you can mail your donation to: 4514 Chamblee Dunwoody Road #279, Atlanta, GA, 30338.
- You can also help us by buying copies of TWELVE INCHES for the people on your Christmas List. All proceeds are donated to the ministry. For special Christmas pricing, click HERE: Twelve Inches for Christmas.
- Prayer needs: We would appreciate your prayers for the following needs:
- Health: I had another cancer scare in November, as my yearly abdominal CT Scan lit up in the area where I had kidney cancer before. Although I sincerely believe that I am cancer free, I will only be able to confirm it in April. I would appreciate your prayers.
- Ministry Team: Please lift each of my friends in prayer, as they unselfishly support me in the ministry: My husband Steve (Board), Terri Potter (Board and administration), Bettina Rann (marketing and Spanish translator), Lilly Vale (social media), Adriana Valgas and Joao Guilherme (Portuguese translators), Christy Birdwell (helped with the launch of Twelve Inches).
- Ministry outreach: That God would open more doors for us to minister.
- Missions: My family and I are planning a trip to Brazil in May/June, and I am contacting churches in the area to do missions as we visit my family.
Lastly, you need to know… I thank God for you! Thank you for encouraging me in this (often lonely) journey. Your support means a lot!
May God bring you great Joy this Christmas and May 2016 be a year of good health, success (God’s way), and spiritual growth for you. May Jesus be your all… through the dark days and the bright ones. May your heart sing for Joy simply because you are HIS. And because He is enough.
In His Wonderful Love,